How To Fix Your Water Damaged Phone
How Do You Fix a Phone That Fell In Water Without Rice?
Tips On How To Fix Your Water Damaged Phone
The tips below will help you get your phone back to its perfect working condition if you accidentally drop it in water. Although, most smartphones are equipped with circuits which can resist water when it is not connected to power. Therefore to avoid damage to your phone, follow these tips to dry your phone before plugging it to power.
- Once you notice your phone is wet or fell in the water, quickly remove it and turn it off.
- If you are fast enough, your phone may still be saved as. Because the liquid might not have gotten into the phone.
- Next, after removing the phone from the water, place the phone on a paper towel or towel and remove the back cover and battery.
- Take the SIM card out and make sure it dry so your contacts are protected.
- Remove other accessories such as earbuds, memory cards, phone cases and more.
- Clean thoroughly and wipe the phone with a towel. Every drop matters.
- Make use of a vacuum cleaner to dry up your phone completely under 10 – 20 minutes.
- Avoid using a hair dryer to dry the phone directly (even in “cold air” mode). Direct blowing with a hair dryer will cause water vapor to enter the center of the device and be into contact with internal electronics and parts.
- The most common and affordable way to dry your phone is to put it in a bag with dry uncooked rice. This method will absorb the remaining water and dry out your phone.
- Again, put the phone on a towel or paper towel.
- Wait at least 24 hours until your phone looks dry in every corner. Take off the dust and specks of dirt on your phone and put the battery back. Turn it on, pay attention to whether there are strange sounds and see if the functions of the mobile phone are working properly.
- Finally, if your phone is functioning properly, put back the accessories ( sim card, memory card, etc ) and continue having fun with your phone.
Note, if the phone is in the water while it is charging, the first step to take is to cut off the phones power supply. Do not rush to remove the phone from the water. Indeed, water in the power equipment can easily cause electric shock for humans and an explosion can occur by a heat temperature.
Do’s and Don’t on How to Fix Water Damage Your Phone
In other to prevent further damage to your phone, there are some precautions to take that will help protect you and the phone as well.
- Do not heat the battery as it may cause a leak or explosion. Lithium-ion batteries are more sensitive. If you intend using a hair dryer to dry your phone, always take out the battery. In addition, pay attention to the fact that the phone should not be exposed to high temperatures.
- Never use a stove or microwave to dry your phone. It’s very dangerous and can cause an explosion
- If your phone doesn’t work, seek professional assistance. Most of mobiles phones do have a “water inlet label” built-in. This will help the technician know if your phone has been in the water.
On the other hand, your telephone may not work if unexpected harms happen. Broken up minerals in the water may even now be defiled on the patch joints or metal pins, causing rust or short circuit in the cellphone and unrepairable harm. In this manner, safety measures must be because of guarding your telephone.
What Works Better Than Rice For A Wet Phone?
How Long Do You Leave Your Phone In A Bag Of Rice?
Is The iPhone XS Waterproof?
- Samsung Galaxy S10 series.
- Huawei P30 Pro.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Sony Xperia 1.
- Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.
- Razer Phone 2.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
- LG G8 ThinQ.
To fix your water damaged phone, it is important to keep it dry for at least two-day maximum. In the event that you don’t know how to fix this issue, quickly contact a professional. In addition, if the damage is extensive and your phone is still under warranty, you can contact the phone vendor. They might be glad to help you fix it or probably change it for you.