One of the advantage of having a wireless printer is that it gives you the freedom to print from anywhere. Provided you are within coverage. This is unlike the wired printer where you have to connect to it via a cable before printing can takes place. With the advantage the wireless printer carries, thousands of people would love to have and install a wireless printer in their homes, offices, and church. But owning a wireless printer isn’t enough. The question now is “can you install a wireless printer”?
If you answered yes, well that good of you, then you should recommend this article to a friend who doesn’t but if your answer is No, then get ready as i guide you on how to successfully install a wireless printer.
How to Connect the Wireless Printer to Your Wi-Fi
Before you connect your wireless printer to the network, it’s important to first read the manufactures manual and follow the manufacturer directions to connect the printer to a Wi-Fi network. This is because there are various kinds of printer out there and they might not work the same way.
How to Install a Wireless Printer
- To begin with, both your printer and your device (Laptop) must be on the same WiFi network.
To achieve this, turn on the WiFi on your computer and connect to your WiFi network. Also turn on the printer and press the WiFi button the printers dashboard. When the available networks will display’s, Choose the right network to connect to. i.e the one that is connected to your PC.
However, this depends on the type of printer you purchased. So read the manufactures manual on how to turn on the WiFi and connect to a WiFi.
In the event that you possess a printer with a touchscreen, your printer likely has a choice under settings to interface with a Wi-Fi settings. Check your printer’s client manual for well ordered headings.
When the printer is associated with your Wi-Fi , the light on the wireless printer will turn on when the printer connects to the Wi-Fi.
- After the printer connects to the Wi-Fi network, add the remote printer to your computer.
To add a wireless printer to your computer, follow this steps
- Power on the printer
- Open Windows Search box and type “printer.”
- Select Devices & Printer.
- In the Settings window, select Add a printer or scanner
In no time, your Windows PC will discover your wireless printer. If it fails to discover the printer, check the status of your wireless printer. Make sure that the printer is turned on. If the printer is turned on, try connecting to your windows PC again by clicking on add printer.
However, in the event that Windows isn’t identifying your printer, click “The printer that I want isn’t listed” link to open Add a printer dialog. Here, Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, click Next catch, and after that enter the IP address of the printer that you can see on the printer dashboard to help Windows 10 find your printer.
- If the windows successfully discovers the wireless printer network, simply Click the Add device button to add your printer to Windows PC.
Once windows finish adding your printer to windows, you will see “Ready” just under the recently added device.
At this stage, it means your wireless printer has been added successfully to your PC. your next point of action is to test the printer.
How do I print a test Page?
Try to test your wireless printer by printing out something from your Windows PC now. Your wireless printer should now appear in the printers list. Select your wireless printer and then click the Print button to print wirelessly.
Printing A Windows Test Page Using Windows 10
- in the Search box on the taskbar, type Devices and Printers.
- Contact or snap Devices and Printers (Control board).
- Contact and hold or right-click your printer.
- Contact or snap Printer Properties.
- Make sure to choose Printer Properties and not Properties, or you won’t see a Print Test Page button
- Under the General tab, Touch or click Print Test Page.
Printing A Windows Test Page Using Windows 8(8.1)
- Goto start page by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- On the start page type “printer”, a pursuit is consequently performed.
- click on Settings.
- From the listed items select View Devices and Printers.
- Right click on the printer symbol, at that point select Printer Properties.
- click the Print Test Page button on the lower right of the box.
Printing A Windows Test Page Using Windows 7
- Click on the Windows Start Button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right click on the printer and select Printer Properties.
- Click Print a Test Page.
- After the Test Page has printed click OK.
To add a wireless printer to a windows 7 or 8 PC, follow these procedure
Go to Start and select Devices and Printers.
click Add a printer.
In the Add Printer wizard, select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
In the list of available printers, select the printer.
Windows may need to install the wireless printer driver. If so, select Install driver to continue.
Complete the steps in the wizard by following the instructions
click Finish when you’re done.
How to Print to a Wireless Printer Over Wi-Fi
To print from any device over a wifi follow these steps
Make sure the printer is switched on, and is connected to the Wi-Fi, and has paper in the paper tray.
Open the app or web browser for the document you want to print. Either MS Word or Excel
Open the document you want to print.
- click the print icon
Select the wireless printer.
Change the print settings as needed.
How do I check ink on my printer?
If you have a color printer and would like to check the ink, you can do this by following these steps
- Click “device and Printers” from the list items. You should see the printers associated with your PC. click the printer to check the ink levels. You would see the ink and toner levels in the status area at the bottom of the “Devices and Printers” window.
Its important to always check your ink level to avoid running out of ink