How to Turn On an Echo Dot
Last Updated on July 14, 2021 by Daniel Osakwe
This article discloses how to turn on an Echo Dot, with directions that will work for first through fourth era Echo Dots.
How Do I Turn On the Amazon Echo Dot?
The Echo Dot doesn’t have a power button, so it naturally controls on when you plug it in. On the off chance that your Echo Dot is enlisted, connecting it and hanging tight for it to interface with the web is all you need to do to turn it on. That is likewise obvious in the converse, as the best way to turn off your Echo Dot is to unplug it from power.
In the event that you need to leave your Echo Dot connected, however, you don’t need it to tune in to your discussions, you can initiate the Echo Dot’s quiet capacity.
Follow these means to turn on an Echo Dot that has been recently enrolled.
- Connect the power connector into the Echo Dot.
- Plug the power connector into the wall.
- Trust that the light ring will enlighten.
- At the point when the light ring becomes blue and afterward off, your Echo Dot is on and prepared to utilize.
In the event that the light ring becomes orange rather than blue, that implies the Echo Dot hasn’t been set up yet. In the event that you set up your Echo, the light can become blue and you’ll utilize it.
Why Isn’t My Amazon Alexa Turning On?
In the event that your gadget isn’t turning on, and you’re searching for a power button, you can stop. The solitary Alexa gadgets that have power buttons are the Echo Tap and outsider smart speakers. The Echo Dot doesn’t have a force button, and it’s intended to turn on when you plug it in.
On the off chance that the light ring on your Echo Dot doesn’t enlighten when you plug it in, that shows an issue with the Dot, the power supply, or the power source that you stopped the power supply into. In the event that it turns on, however, the Echo doesn’t work or doesn’t appear to be on, your gadget likely hasn’t been set up or enrolled.
This is what you can do if your Echo Dot or other Alexa gadget isn’t turning on:
- Play out a delicate reset. Unplug the power connector from the wall, and leave it unplugged for a couple of moments. At that point plug it back in and verify whether your Echo turns on.
- Attempt an alternate electrical plug. In the event that conceivable, unplug the Echo and fitting it into an alternate electrical plug. In case you’re utilizing a plug extension, ensure the plug extension is on and that different gadgets work when connected to it.
- Attempt an alternate power connector. On the off chance that you have different Echo gadgets, take a stab at trading power connectors. On the off chance that an alternate connector works, the first one is most likely awful.
- Check for lights when you plug the Echo in. On the off chance that it illuminates orange, that implies your Echo should be set up. Follow the typical arrangement technique utilizing the Alexa application on your telephone, and attempt once more.
- Ensure the gadget is connected to the control.
- Press and hold the reset button with a paperclip (original), the microphone off and volume down buttons (second generation), or the activity button (third and fourth generation.)
- Stand by around 20 seconds.
- Verify whether the light ring becomes orange.
- In the event that the light becomes orange, utilize the Alexa application on your telephone to set up your Echo gadget.
- Attempt a production line reset of the Echo Dot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t my echo dot go into setup mode?
Watch that your gadget is associated with Wi-Fi. Watch that you have the most recent adaptation of the Alexa application. Restart your Echo gadget. Reset your Echo gadget.
Alexa won’t connect to my Bluetooth devices
In case you’re actually encountering issues, you can unpair and re-pair your Bluetooth gadgets. Tap on your Echo gadget, select Bluetooth and Clear completely combined gadgets. To re-pair, the gadgets, say “Pair” around Alexa to put the Echo in disclosure mode.