How to Transfer Data from One iPhone to Another
Last Updated on July 14, 2021 by Daniel Osakwe
Got another iPhone? You presumably have information like photographs, contacts, schedules, installment strategies, smart home settings, and wellbeing data to move, as well. This article discloses how to move all your information starting with one iPhone then onto the next.
These directions apply to gadgets running iOS 10.3 and higher. In the event that you need assistance actuating your iPhone or overseeing different activities, check out How to Set Up a New iPhone.
How to Transfer Data to a New iPhone With iTunes
In the event that you have a Mac or Windows PC with iTunes introduced, you can make a backup of your old iPhone’s information to move to the new telephone. These guidelines apply to iTunes 10 and later.
- Associate your old telephone to your PC and open iTunes.
- Select the device icon in the upper-left corner of the window.
- Select Back Up Now to save a backup of your telephone to the PC.
Note: Alternatively, you can choose Sync to both to make a backup and update your phone with any progressions you’ve made to your music library, TV shows, or different things iTunes oversees.
- When iTunes finishes the activity, disengage your old telephone.
- Interface your new telephone to the PC.
- What you do next relies upon if you’ve set up the new gadget. In the event that you haven’t, start the cycle. At the point when the startup inquires as to whether you’d prefer to set up your iPhone as another gadget, select Restore from iTunes backup.
- In the event that you’ve effectively done the underlying arrangement of your new telephone, select the device icon in iTunes, then, at that point select Restore iPhone.
Note: iTunes will erase your new iPhone during this cycle. You’ll lose anything you’ve added since you previously set it up.
- On the affirmation screen that shows up, select Restore.
- iTunes will erase your new telephone’s present substance and supplant them with the backup from your old gadget.
How to Use iCloud to Transfer Data to a New iPhone
The iPhone additionally allows you to back up your information to iCloud, Apple’s distributed storage stage. Whenever you’ve upheld up your old telephone, you can reestablish your new one with that information without associating both of them to a PC.
- On your old telephone, open Settings.
- Tap your name at the highest point of the screen.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- In the event that the switch next to iCloud Backup isn’t on, tap it to turn it on. It should become green.
- Tap Back Up Now.
- Your iPhone will save a backup to iCloud.
- At the point when you set up your new telephone, tap Restore from iCloud Backup to move your old iPhone’s information to your new one.
How to Transfer From iPhone to iPhone
The third strategy to set up another iPhone with an old one’s information, which Apple calls QuickStart, is just accessible when first actuating the new gadget. While the iTunes technique fundamentally allows you to move information around at whatever point you need, this interaction has a more modest window of utilization.
On the off chance that you miss it, you can reestablish your new iPhone and go through the underlying arrangement once more, yet one of the different techniques may be simpler by then.
Here’s the manner by which to move information between iPhones remotely. These guidelines apply to gadgets running iOS 12.4 and later.
- Fitting the two telephones into power supplies.
- Turn on your new gadget to begin the arrangement cycle. Spot the old gadget close to it.
- Your new telephone will show the Apple ID on the old telephone and inquire as to whether it’s the one you need to use on the enhanced one. Tap Continue to affirm.
- A movement will show up on your new telephone. Focus is on the viewfinder of your old gadget’s camera to proceed.
Note: You can likewise tap Authenticate Manually if the camera isn’t accessible.
- On your new telephone, enter your current passcode.
- Set up Touch ID or Face ID (depending on which model of iPhone you have), or tap Set Up Later.
Note: Face ID is accessible on iPhone X and newer.
- The following screen will ask how you’d prefer to move information to your new telephone. Tap Transfer from iPhone.
- Your information will move from the old iPhone to the enhanced one.
Note: If you’re going from an Android gadget to an iPhone, you can in any case move your information. You’ll utilize the Move to iOS application to keep your data unblemished.