How to fix a Frozen Samsung Tablet
Last Updated on by Daniel Osakwe
The best way to fix your Samsung tablet when it is frozen is to restart it. If it is really frozen, you will need to hold down the power button until you hear the warning beep, then you will have to wait a few seconds for the tablet to reboot.
There are some other ways to restart your Samsung tablet. If you have the power button set to a shortcut, you can click on the power button and click on the Home shortcut in the app drawer. You can also hold down the Home button for a few seconds to restart the tablet.
Here are the other options you can use to fix a Samsung frozen tablet.
What Is the Best Way to Unfreeze a Samsung Tablet?
The best and safest techniques to unfreeze a Samsung tablet that won’t respond to touch instructions are listed below.
- Restart your Samsung tablet completely. You should be able to restart your frozen Samsung tablet by pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons until it turns off if you can’t access any menus.
Note: Depending on the operating system version and hardware model, the technique for hard resetting or hard restarting your Samsung tablet may differ.
- The tablet’s battery will be depleted. If you still can’t get your Samsung tablet to restart, let the battery drain completely. This will switch off the tablet, which you can then charge and turn back on.
- In Safe Mode, restart the device. If your Samsung tablet freezes due to a recently installed app, restart it in Safe Mode and delete it.
What Can I Do If My Tablet Freezes?
After you’ve unfrozen your Samsung tablet, there are a few things you can do to make sure it doesn’t freeze again.
- Check for problems on your Samsung tablet. Select Device Maintenance > Optimize from the Settings menu. This will check your tablet for problems and fix them, as well as enhance its general performance to help prevent future crashes.
- Update the operating system on your Samsung tablet. Firmware changes and performance enhancements are frequently included in operating system updates, which can help prevent your tablet from freezing again.
- Update the apps on your tablet. Some programs can cause Samsung tablets to freeze, although these flaws are frequently addressed in subsequent software updates, which should be downloaded as soon as they become available.
- Switch to airplane mode. It’s possible that your tablet’s Wi-Fi, cellular, or Bluetooth connection is causing conflicts and causing it to freeze. Airplane mode will turn off all wireless signals, allowing you to figure out if one of them is the problem. You can then play around with each wireless connection to see which one is causing problems.
- All open apps should be closed. On Samsung tablets, having multiple apps open at the same time can cause slowing and freezing.
- Remove any Android apps that are no longer in use. Delete old programs to free up space on your Samsung tablet and make it perform faster.
- Delete any files that are no longer in use. Checking your Samsung tablet’s downloads folder for unnecessary files is a smart idea. To free up even more space, improve performance, and prevent additional freezing, move material to an SD card or a cloud storage service.
- Turn off background tasks on your tablet. Select Settings > Battery and device care > Memory > Clean to disable background tasks that may be causing freezing.
- Disable the VPN on your tablet. When using online programs and services, and unreliable VPN connection can cause them to freeze. Switch to a different VPN service if it’s the cause of the problem.
- Reset the device to factory settings. If your tablet continues to freeze, you can restore factory settings on your Samsung tablet as a final option. Make a backup of all of your data before proceeding, as this process will erase anything you’ve saved on the tablet since you first received it.
- Please contact a Samsung repair shop. If you’re still having trouble unfreezing or stopping your Samsung tablet from freezing, it’s worth contacting Samsung and negotiating a repair or replacement.
Why is my Samsung tablet constantly freezing?
A shortage of free space on the hard drive, a conflict between an app or service and the hardware, or an out-of-date operating system or software are all common causes of a Samsung tablet freezing or becoming unresponsive.
Inconsistent or weak wireless connectivity can cause an app on a Samsung tablet to freeze or crash, which can cause the entire device to freeze.