How to Find Your IP Address on Windows 10
Last Updated on June 1, 2021 by Daniel Osakwe
In this article, we’ve covered a few ways to discover your IP (Internet Protocol) address on a Windows 10 PC with and without utilizing the command prompt. So, without further ado, let’s get on with the process.
Find Your IP Address in Windows Settings
Your Windows 10 PC’s IP address is your PC’s personality on the network it’s associated with. There are times when you may require your IP address to utilize certain projects. Fortunately, the cycle to discover your IP address on a Windows 10 PC is simple. Discovering your IP address in your Windows 10 settings region relies upon whether you’re utilizing your Wi-Fi network interface or your ethernet interface to associate with your network.
- Select Start and type Settings. Select the Settings application.
- In the Settings window, select Network and Internet.
- In case you’re associated with the network through ethernet, select Ethernet from the left menu. At that point select the Ethernet Connected icon.
- Look down the page to the Properties segment and search for the IPv4 address. This is your PC’s IP address on the network it’s associated with.
- Assuming you’re utilizing Wi-Fi, select Wi-Fi from the left menu on the Settings window. Select the Wi-Fi Connected icon at the highest point of the window.
- On the Wi-Fi Settings window, look down to the Properties area and discover the IPv4 address on this page.
Find Your IP Address Using the Command Prompt
You can likewise check the IP address your Windows 10 PC is utilizing to associate with the current network utilizing a simple ipconfig order utilizing the command prompt tools.
- Select Start and type “command prompt” and right-click the Command Prompt application and select Run as admin.
- Type “ipconfig” and press Enter. Look down to the Ethernet or Wi-Fi connector you’re associated with the network with and look for IPv4 Address. This will show your Windows 10 PC’s IP address.
Find Your External Internet IP Address
The techniques above will show you your PC’s “nearby” IP address, which means the IP address allocated to your PC by your switch on your neighborhood home network. Nonetheless, this isn’t the IP address you’re utilizing when you’re on the web. Your web IP address is really the one appointed to your router by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). You can acquire this “outer” IP address only, either by keeping an eye on your switch or utilizing a web administration that can show you your web IP address.
- Interface with your home router as Administrator, and once signed in, search for the segment that gives Cable Information and Internet Port data. Here, you should see IP Address/Mask, which shows your web IP address.
- Another choice is to utilize one of a few sites that can report back to you what your IP address is. Two of the most well-known of these are WhatIsMyIP.com and MyIP.com.
- Both of these alternatives will give you your web IP address.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are LAN ID and IP address something similar?
The PC’s “address” taking everything into account. Changes relying upon where and how you are associated. A decent marker of whether you are associated with the network. Macintosh Address/Physical Address/Ethernet ID: All three names allude to exactly the same thing.
Can I change LAN IP address?
On the off chance that you need a particular IP subnet that at least one gadgets on the network use, or if contending subnets utilize a similar IP conspire, you can change the LAN IP address settings for the default LAN subnet or add another LAN subnet.
Is changing IP address legal?
While covering your IP address is entirely lawful, transforming it and erroneously promoting what your IP is online is illicit. This likewise falls under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Certainty: Changing your IP address can really net you a defacing charge on the off chance that you change it to some unacceptable place.