How to Check Computer Specs
Last Updated on July 14, 2021 by Daniel Osakwe
This article discloses how to check PC specs, including how to discover the details of a Windows 10 PC and how to discover the particulars of a Mac PC.
How Do I Check My PC Specs in Windows 10?
On a Windows 10 PC, a large portion of the specs is found in one spot. Specifications like your CPU, RAM, and OS form are totally found in the About segment of the System Settings menu. This segment doesn’t disclose to you how much extra room you have or what kind of video card you have, so you need to search somewhere else for those particulars.
Here’s the manner by which to check the specs on a Windows 10 PC:
- Select Start on your taskbar.
- Snap the gear symbol.
- Click System.
- Click About.
- The majority of your specs are recorded on this screen, including processor, RAM, and your form and assemble number of Windows.
- Click Storage on the left board.
- Click View stockpiling on different drives.
- On this screen, you’ll perceive how much complete extra room your PC has and how much free space is left.
- Presently type System Information into the taskbar search field, and hit enter.
- This screen gives some nitty-gritty framework specs, however, it doesn’t show your video card. To find that, click the + next to Components.
- Click Display.
- This screen shows your screen Specifications. Look for the Adapter Description to see what video card you have.
How to Check Windows 10 Specs With Task Manager
The majority of your essential specs, remembering data for the current status of framework assets, are likewise situated in the display tab of the Task Manager.
To discover your specs in Task Manager:
- Type Task Manager into the taskbar search field, and press enter.
- Snap the Performance tab.
- Click CPU to see what processor you have.
- Click Memory to see data about your RAM.
- Click Disk to see data about your capacity.
- Your PC may have more than one plate.
- Click GPU to see data about your video card.
Your PC may show two GPU postings on the off chance that it has incorporated designs notwithstanding a discrete video card.
How Do I Check My Specs on a Mac?
There are far fewer Macs than Windows PC models, so you can ordinarily discover the specs of a Mac just by looking into the model number on the Apple site. On the off chance that you speculate your Mac has been altered eventually, or you simply need to really see the specs of your particular machine, you can check the specs in macOS.
Here’s the way to check your specs in macOS:
- Snap the Apple menu.
- Click About This Mac.
- On the outline screen, you will discover data on your processor and RAM. For extra data, click System Report.
- Click Hardware to see your Mac model name and identifier, processor, RAM, firmware rendition, chronic number, and equipment ID.
- Click memory to see more data about your RAM.
- Click Graphics/Displays for more data about your video card and associated display.
- Click Storage for more data about introduced and accessible capacity.
Frequently Asked Questions
How would I check my processor?
Head to Control Panel > System and Security > System to open it. You can likewise press Windows+Pause on your console to right away open this window. Your PC’s CPU model and speed are shown to one side of “Processor” under the System heading.
How do I know if my monitor is 1080p?
On the off chance that you have a windows PC click on the beginning button,> look for screen resolution> and afterward find the dropdown and go to the most elevated setting. On the off chance that the most noteworthy setting is 1920×1080, it is truth be told a 1080p screen.
What makes a PC run quicker?
The more reserve a PC has will help make the PC run all the more effectively. The following piece of what makes a PC run quicker is RAM or Random Access Memory. On the off chance that you are utilizing various projects simultaneously, the more RAM you will require. Bus speed is another significant piece of what makes a PC quicker.